What are the mobile operator plans to deploy OpenRAN in their 4G and, eventually, in their 5G networks? In this survey of mobile operators that we did for Mavenir, these were the key findings:
- All operators are considering using OpenRAN in their networks
- 43% of respondents are open to replace current vendors when deploying OpenRAN
- Cost savings were mentioned by 25% of respondents as a reason to consider multiple vendors
- 84% operators will consider deploying RRUs and BBUs from different vendors in OpenRAN deployments
- Lower cost radios are a key component to OpenRAN adoption
You can download some of the survey results to find out what operators told us.
Prepared on behalf of