Listen to the interview I did for TeleSemana on OpenRAN. In the interview, I discuss the results of the survey I did for Mavenir on how mobile operators view OpenRAN. Why and where do they want to deploy OpenRAN? What are the requirements?
You can get the slides with the survey results here.
Survey key findings:
- All operators are considering using OpenRAN in their networks
- 43% of respondents are open to replace current vendors when deploying OpenRAN
- Cost savings were mentioned by 25% of respondents as a reason to consider multiple vendors
- 84% operators will consider deploying RRUs and BBUs from different vendors in OpenRAN deployments
- Lower cost radios are a key component to OpenRAN adoption