In this Sparring Partners, Amit Nagpal, Aetha Consulting, Chris Nicoll, Omdia, and Monica Paolini, Senza Fili talked about the role of midband spectrum to get 5G off the ground in the US through shared access and licensed spectrum.
- How important is midband spectrum for 5G, compared to mmWave or lower bands?
- What role has CBRS, 6GHz, and the prospects for the 3.1-3.45 GHz and 4.9 GHz bands in the upcoming FCC auction?
- What shared spectrum regimes will work best?
- How can incumbent users get comfortable sharing their spectrum rights?
- What can we learn from spectrum sharing models in other countries?
- How can regulation encourage spectrum access to enterprises, venue owners, and a new breed of service providers?
Stay tuned for the Sparring Partners after the auction is completed
After the auction is completed, we will host another Sparring Partners to see how good our predictions were, if the poll estimates on the revenues ($0.50/MHz/pop) were correct, and to speculate on the results.
To get notified, join our mailing list.
Senior Principal Analyst