Please complete the form below to access the complete report and in-depth interview transcripts.
Join us for a Sparring Partners videocast in which Sean Kinney, RCR Wireless, Chris Nicoll, Nicoll Associates, and Monica Paolini, Senza Fili will debate about O-RAN. Opening the RAN to multiple vendors, virtualized hardware, open fronthaul interfaces under a common open source approach as operators move to 5G is a compelling story. But will it happen? Or is it too good to be true?
In our discussion we will address your questions and try to answer these ones:
- What does it mean to ‘Open the RAN’? How is O-RAN different from OpenRAN, virtual RAN, cloud RAN?
- What works and what doesn’t in an O-RAN deployment?
- Why should we open the RAN? Why should we not open the RAN?
- Where will O-RAN be most successful? Which parts of the wireless footprint, which countries, which operators?
- When will we see widespread O-RAN deployment?
- Who will benefit the most from O-RAN? Vendors, operators, subscribers, enterprises?
Bonus topics: Rakuten, Dish, Secure Networks Act (rip-and-replace), cloud providers, digital divide.
Sparring Partners are videocasts in which we debate a topic and address questions and comments from our audience. Follow us on Twitter with #SparringPartners. You can watch previous Sparring Partners and register for upcoming Sparring Partners here.